MINEXCHANGE Justification Tool Kit
We understand it’s critical for you to stay current with cutting-edge research and innovative ideas in the industry. There’s no better event to gain valuable insights into the evolution of mining and metallurgy practices than at the MINEXCHANGE 2024 SME Annual Conference & Expo.
When you propose attending MINEXCHANGE, you further your professional development and take steps to further your career trajectory. Use these tools to help gain approval to attend the conference.
Customize this letter to help gain support to attend MINEXCHANGE. Simply tailor it to fit your organization’s particular needs.
Use this template during and after the conference to share specific insights with your organization or team.
Tips for Justifying Your Case to Attend MINEXCHANGE
- Focus on the industry issues. Explain what you plan to get out of attending and how that will benefit your work and organization as whole. Explore the conference technical session schedule and make a list of the sessions that pertain to your business goals and objectives.
- Share and present. Offer to present a Q & A session to your colleagues to share what you learned. They benefit from your attendance, too. Bring back a copy of the conference proceedings to share technical papers with your team.
- Talk up the ROI. From networking opportunities to valuable insight, attending a live conference provides information you can put into action when you get home. Don’t forget to bring back ideas or solutions from new or improved products or services from the Expo.
- Save when you register early. Register early for lowest registration, hotel and airfare rates. SME members save even more. Bonus- if you aren’t yet a member, your non-member registration comes with membership!
- Point to a reputation of excellence. SME’s reputation for hosting exceptional, high-quality industry conferences is second to none. MINEXCHANGE provides a comprehensive, professional development opportunity. More than 7,000 attendees rely on our technical programming and Expo to stay current each year.
- Plan ahead. Be prepared with a plan that shows who will cover for you, if necessary, while you are attending the conference.
- Plan your spending. From registration to meals, come to your boss with a good idea of what it will cost to attend. A quick internet search will provide airfare ranges, and hotel information can be found on the conference website. Planning early saves you the most money.
- Think strategically. Join your peers at the mining and metallurgy industry’s premier event. Make an agenda of speakers, exhibitors, and industry representatives you want to meet or hear speak.
- Highlight value. At MINEXCHANGE you can earn up to 16 hours of Technical Session PDH credits for as low as $800. Make the most of your time away from the office and take a short course for additional credit.
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME) brings together the mining and mineral industry’s brightest and most dedicated professionals. Over 13,000 global members advance their careers with world-class technical resources, educational programs, networking opportunities, and professional development tools from SME. Our members are focused on sharing best practices on safety, environmental stewardship, and moving mining forward. SME. Inspiring mining professionals worldwide.